12 Last-Minute Christmas Gifts for Business Owners
You told yourself last year it wouldn’t happen again, but here we are. Christmas came faster than expected and now you’re searching for the perfect gift for your favorite professional! Here are 12 last-minute presents you can still get for your entrepreneur.
If you’re looking to save money or give a message from the heart, consider these easy, thoughtful homemade options.
- Idea Journal: This is perfect for the friend that always has an idea. Find an unused notebook laying around or get a new plain one. Get in touch with your inner calligrapher and jot down a beautiful quote like “The best way to have a good idea is to have a lot of ideas” – Linus Pauling. Or you could go for simplicity and write “Idea Journal” on the front cover.
- Motivational Gift Basket: For the friend who is motivated best when they have all the tools they need. Get a reusable container and fill it with the items they need to be successful. You can never go wrong with a few nice pens, a motivational book, some ground coffee or k-cups, and new mug. With this gift, presentation is key. You may want to stop by the store and grab some tissue paper in their favorite color. The more personalized this gift the better.
- Grab n’ Go Snacks: Entrepreneurs are always on the run and are all too familiar with forgetting to eat. Putting together a few snacks that are ready to go will not be un-noticed. Homemade chex mix or mason jar cakes are great examples, or you could create a gift basket with their favorite store-bought snacks.
Pretty Penny Gifts
If you’re strapped for time but not for cash, consider these options.
- Subscription Services: A great option to avoid last-minute shoppers and to keep your gift going long after the holidays. Subscription boxes like Business Book Monthly, Lady Boss Loot, Culture Carton, and Profboxes have all been tailored toward a specific entrepreneur and will be perfect for someone you know. No one will ever be suspicious of your procrastination.
- Spa-Day: Being an entrepreneur can be taxing on the mind and body. Show them you care about their health by booking a spa-day. You can either pick up a gift card from the best spa in town. Or you can be sneaky. Get ahold of their schedule and take care of booking the appointment and choosing a couple services, all that’s left now is for them to show up and relax.
- Website Subscription: Your friend just started their business and is being smart about their investments. This is the quickest gift, but it could be the most meaningful. Paying their website subscription for the year would show your friend you not only believe in their idea, but you are willing to invest in its success.
You may have to fight your way into a Barnes & Noble for this one. Do some research on a few books before you go and choose the one (or more than one) that best suits you friend, but here are three good places to start.
- Radical Candor: Kim Scott worked with Google and Apple and now writes about her experiences, giving you tools to be a “kick-ass” boss.
- The Power of Broke: Daymond John authored this New York Times bestseller and describes why beginning your business with a small budget is an advantage.
- How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big: Scott Adams writes about his many embarrassing failures and how it all led to him creating Dilbert, one of the most famous comic strips.
Technology makes our lives a little easier to manage so what would be a better gift for your tech-loving friend. (P.S. This is where your Prime subscription comes in handy).
- Tile Mate: We all have that friend that loses just about everything. This device can be attached to their office keys, laptops, or even their phone and then found through GPS.
- Multi-Port USB Wall Charger: Speaking of tech, today’s professionals have a ton of gadgets that are always running out of battery from constant use. This will keep everything charged and get rid of competition for the outlet.
- Digital Luggage Scale: For the friend who always has to catch a flight, this gift will save them money in the long run.
It’s the thought that counts in any of these gifts, and remember, it’s better to give than to receive.
Happy hunting and happy holidays from the big family at Alpha Kappa Psi.